St. Louis, MO
The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for developing and executing methodologies for plant cell culture, transformation and cultivation activities to deliver Benson Hill Biosystems’ biotechnology and genome editing pipelines. The successful candidate will be a key member of the company’s Research and Development team and will work in a fast-paced and collaborative startup company environment. The position is based in St. Louis, MO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and perform tissue culture, transformation, and cultivation methodologies for development of novel traits in plants.
- Help design and execute experiments to improve efficiencies in transformation of our core pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and develop effective solutions when problems arise.
- Help coordinate pipeline operations, manage personnel and train new employees.
- Track projects and candidate events.
- Maintain detailed and organized records of project data and other materials as needed.
- Contribute to scientific discussions and present research outcomes to peers and management.
Education and Experience:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. with 5-10 years, or Ph.D. with 0-2 years of laboratory experience in plant tissue culture and/or transformation
Desired Candidate Profile:
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, experience, education and skills:
- Experience with plant tissue culture and/or transformation.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up company environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organization and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, collaborators, and management.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- High ethical standards and trustworthiness.
Preference for individuals with experience in an industrial agricultural biotechnology setting.
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.