St. Louis, MO
The software engineer will be responsible for building a back-end database system and front-end applications to support inventory and workflow management within Benson Hill Biosystems’s core business. This person will work closely with Benson Hill scientists to understand and analyze business operations and ultimately develop systems for managing and tracking key processes, inventory, and pipeline decisions.
- Develop appropriate back-end database resources to store internal Benson Hill data
- Develop robust software systems across the technology stack to meet aggressive timelines and to support Benson Hill workflows.
- Identify and incorporate best and most applicable technology platforms
- Participate in the collaborative software design and development process
- Work within an integrated Agile development team, participating in code review, conflict resolution, deliverable estimation, and repository management
- Contribute to and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Collaborate closely with researchers and management in the Benson Hill organization
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- B.S/M.S. in computer science, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, or similar field
- At least two years’ experience in developing C# web applications in an MVC environment
- Experience in SQL database development
- Strong working knowledge of web security best practices
- Code samples will be requested of all applicants
- Proven team-based software development skills. Excellent communication skills, both electronic and in-person, are a must. The ability to respond positively to critiques of both code and software-level outputs is required.
- Experience with cloud architectures and development environments.
- Strong background and experience with C#.
- A sound understanding of, and experience with, relational database schemas and SQL queries.
- A track record of producing deliverables and meeting tight release deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent planner, organizer, critical thinker, and problem solver with a demonstrated ability to efficiently execute project tasks.
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.