St. Louis, MO
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and optimizing designs for field, greenhouse and lab experiments, as well as data integration, statistical analysis and interpretation of completed experiments. This person will work closely with Benson Hill biological scientists, data scientists and project leaders to help maximize the impact Benson Hill’s experimental programs.
- Participate the design of hypothesis-driven experimental design and analysis.
- Recommend the best designs from the perspective of resource allocation and statistical power.
- Manage data integration for discovery experiments to enable analytics.
- Perform statistical analysis on experimental outputs and interpret results.
- Communicate results in written and visual formats to program and company leaders.
Education and Experience:
- PhD in a quantitative discipline, applied mathematics, physics, engineering, statistics, or closely related field with formal training in statistics and experimental design
- At least 5 years experience developing and analyzing complex experimental designs.
- Experience with common statistical concepts, approaches, packages and libraries.
- Background and experience in MATLAB, or SAS
- Experience programming and doing statistical analysis in R
- Background and experience with at least one scripting language, Python preferred.
- Background and experience using AWS or experience with other cloud architectures
- Ability to work in collaborative team, and the ability to respond positively to critiques of work.
- Excellent communication skills, both electronic and in-person.
- A track record of producing deliverables and meeting tight release deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously, identify key tasks, and find solutions to challenges.
- Excellent planner, organizer, critical thinker, and problem solver.
- Strong record of personal development and learning new technologies.
- Familiarity with crop science and agronomic applications and modeling a plus
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.