St. Louis, MO
Benson Hill Biosystems is seeking a highly skilled and motivated software professional to join the Data Science and Platform Engineering team at BHB to lead the architectural design and engineering of Benson Hill’s proprietary CropOS™ platform. CropOS™ is at the core of Benson Hill’s innovation and partnering strategy, enabling data, analytics, and software linking our internal science teams and ecosystem partners to the power of prediction in genetics, biology and breeding.
- Lead internal and external (contractor) team of software developers and data managers
- Work in a cross-functional Agile team environment to define requirements, create software delivery schedules, and avoid potential software development pitfalls
- Lead the development of the software architecture and development of novel software solutions for an array of scientific problems in a computationally intensive, cloud based platform
- Collaborate with molecular genetics, biotechnology, field testing and data science teams to develop analytical tools, data pipelines, and further extend the capabilities of our proprietary platform
- Lead the execution of development targets to deliver outcomes on an aggressive schedule
- Provide written and oral presentations of software status to peers and management, as well as company partners and other third parties
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in information technology, computer science or similar field
- 8+ years experience designing and developing enterprise scale, fault tolerant software
- Strong track record of producing robust and high-quality software solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement software architecture and deliver solutions across the layers of the complete technology stack from data to apps.
- Experience working in and delivering through AWS and/or other cloud infrastructure platforms
- Experience in big data engineering and using NoSQL database technologies
- Deep understanding of object-oriented and functional programming
- Work experience with C#, R, Python,
- Experience with the complete .NET stack
- Experience in leading teams of developers in delivery of successful projects
- Record of completing projects on-time in a high-quality fashion
- Proven ability to work independently and be a self-starter in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and professional skills
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.