St. Louis, MO
Benson Hill Biosystems is looking for a seasoned software engineer to join our team engineering Benson Hill’s CropOS platform for Cloud Biology. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. This person will work closely with Benson Hill scientists who are leveraging data and machine learning platforms to develop and deliver predictive genomics and breeding solutions to Ag product design problems.
- Work with users to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate them into pragmatic and effective technical designs
- Enable creative scalable engineering solutions for data gathering and integration for structured and unstructured data sets
- Engineer cloud deployed software solutions to enable data and analytics pipelines and end user workflows in Benson Hill’s Cloud Biology platform
- Relentlessly improve and maintain code quality through writing unit tests, automation and code reviews
- Contribute ideas to help improve our technology, coding standards and products
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in software engineering a related field, or 3+ years’ work experience building and deploying software solutions
- You have a burning desire to learn and master new things
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor
- You take pride in your work and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you know how to write software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- 2+ years’ experience in Python
- Experienced in processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Experienced in or knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
- Experienced with multiple database platforms including graph, Sql and NoSql technologies
- We use AWS extensively, so experience with AWS and other web services will help you hit the ground running
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.