St. Louis, MO
Benson Hill Biosystems is seeking a skilled .NET Developer to develop front-end applications that will support internal inventory and workflow management within Benson Hill Biosystems’s core business. This developer will work closely with Benson Hill scientists to understand and analyze business operations and ultimately develop systems for managing and tracking key processes, inventory, and product pipeline decisions. This is a contract position with opportunity for full-time employment and is based in Saint Louis, MO.
- Develop appropriate back-end database resources to store internal Benson Hill data along with the associated .NET software objects.
- Develop robust software systems across the technology stack to meet aggressive timelines that will support Benson Hill workflows.
- Identify and incorporate software best practices and other useful technology platforms into the Benson Hill environment.
- Participate in the collaborative software design and development process.
- Work within an integrated Agile development team, participating in code review, conflict resolution, deliverable estimation, and software repository management.
- Contribute to and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Collaborate closely with researchers and management in the Benson Hill organization.
Education and Experience:
- B.S/M.S. in computer science, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, or 5 years of experience in a similar field.
- At least two years’ experience in developing C# web applications in a “code first”, MVC environment.
- Familiarity with the Git code repository tool-set.
- Experience working with SQL database back-end development.
- Strong JSON API development experience.
- Strong working knowledge of web security best practices.
- Code samples will be requested of all applicants.
- Proven team-based software development skills. Excellent communication skills, both electronic and in-person, are a must. The ability to respond positively to critiques of both code and software-level outputs is required.
- Experience with cloud architectures and development environments.
- Strong background and experience with C#.
- A sound understanding of, and experience with, relational database schemas and SQL queries.
- A track record of producing deliverables and meeting tight release deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent planner, organizer, critical thinker, and problem solver with a demonstrated ability to efficiently execute project tasks.
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.