St. Louis, MO
Benson Hill Biosystems is an agriculture technology company employing cloud biology to improve crop performance and empower innovation throughout the agriculture value chain. Our employees are passionate advocates for agriculture and are committed to the company Purpose: Deliver crop technology to meet the world’s food and energy demands.
The Senior Research Associate, Protein Biochemistry, will be responsible for conducting activities related to protein expression, purification, detection, characterization, and assay development. The Senior Research Associate will be a key member of Benson Hill Biosystems’ Research & Development team and will work in a fast-paced and collaborative startup company atmosphere, interacting closely with an interdisciplinary team across multiple locations. The position is based in St. Louis, MO.
• Protein expression of recombinant proteins in heterologous systems.
• Protein isolation and purification utilizing chromatography.
• Protein characterization and quantification including but not limited to: SDS-PAGE, western blot, ELISA, protein concentration, and enzyme assays.
• Extraction, detection, and characterization of target proteins in transgenic plants.
• Communicate results and research progress to management and team members.
• Maintain detailed and organized records of project data and other materials as needed.
• Contribute to scientific discussions and present outcomes to colleagues.
Education and Experience:
• MS with 2-5 years or BS with 5-10 years of laboratory experience in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, or a related discipline.
• Experience in an industrial biotechnology setting.
• Knowledge of plant biochemistry and molecular biology.
• Knowledge of standard protein biochemistry protocols.
• Knowledge of membrane protein expression and purification.
• Knowledge of protein isolation and purification from native and recombinant sources.
• Knowledge of protein purification using AKTA system.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent planner, organizer, critical thinker, and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to efficiently execute project tasks.
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.