St. Louis, MO
The Research Technician will be a key member of the Transformation Technologies team assisting with all plant cell tissue culture and transformation activities that support our growing Biotechnology and Genome Editing Pipelines. Daily activities include preparation of tissue culture media, harvesting of explants, different aspects of plant cell culture, Agrobacterium-mediated and particle bombardment transformation of different crop species. If you enjoy teamwork and fast pace environments, then Benson Hill Biosystems is the right place for you. If you are looking for a fun, challenging work environment, offering plenty of room to grow professionally Benson Hill may be the place for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Media and explant preparation support for Trait Discovery, Product Development and Genome Editing pipelines at Benson Hill Biosystems.
• Maintain detailed and organized records of project data and other materials as needed.
• Coordinate with scientists to maintain inventory of critical laboratory supplies and reagents.
• Contribute to and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Collaborate closely with researchers and management in Benson Hill organization to deliver on business goals and objectives.
Education and Experience:
• Associate (0-5 years of experience) or B.S. (0-3 years of experience) degree in Plant Biology, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or related field.
Desired Candidate Profile:
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, experience, education and skills:
• Experience with aseptic technique, plant tissue culture and/or transformation.
• Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up company environment.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent planning, organization and execution skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, collaborators, and management.
• Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
• High ethical standards and trustworthiness.
BHB offers a comprehensive benefits package including Flex PTO, 401K with a company match, health and dental insurance, continued education reimbursement program and more!
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.