St. Louis, MO
The Research Associate II will be a key contributor to the Transformation Technologies team’s effort to delivering Benson Hill Biosystems’ biotech and genome editing pipelines. The successful candidate will be a key member of the company’s Research and Development team and will work in a fast-paced and collaborative startup company environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform tissue culture, transformation, and cultivation methodologies for development of novel traits in plants.
- Contribute to the discovery and optimization of existing methods of plant transformation and genome editing in different crop species.
- Maintain detailed and organized records of project data and other materials as needed.
- Contribute to scientific discussions and present own research outcomes to peers and management.
Education and Experience:
- MS. with 1+ or BS with 2+ years of laboratory experience in plant tissue culture and/or transformation
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Experience with plant tissue culture, transformation and/or genome editing.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up company environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
- High ethical standards and trustworthiness.
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.