St. Louis, MO
The Purchasing Associate is responsible for leading procurement and cost reduction related results as needed.
- Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends;
- Executes and administers acquisitions of lab and office supplies, equipment;
- Analyzes billing validation and verification reports to ensure compliance with subcontract terms.
Determines availability of items by verifying stock prior to orders and scheduling delivery
- Negotiate terms and prices, evaluating alternatives and delivery terms and schedules.
- Review project coding/allocations for appropriateness and accuracy.
- Organize and verify purchase requisitions by comparing items, clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department, finance and CEO, as necessary.
- Forward purchase orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting order shipment status.
- Update Purchase Order logs and related documentation
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolve shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation to Finance and Accounting Department.
- Generate reports and keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Business Administration or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in related role
- Ability to forecast future inventory needs;
- Exceptional negotiating skills;
- Strong vendor management skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, QuickBooks
- Work is performed in a normal office environment;
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds;
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.